Thursday, September 27, 2007
Actually, my husband was my first serious boyfriend. Many people ask if I feel like I've missed out by not having experienced relationships with other men. My answer: absolutely not. I found the best early on. Why would I throw that away simply because it happened earlier than it happens for most?
And then my husband said something today that was so sweet, and it reminded exactly why I love him so much, why I've always loved him. We were talking about how our lives would have been different if we'd made different choices, and he said:
"The best thing I ever did was kiss you at that bus stop."
That was our first kiss, the kiss that started it all. And 20 years later, he's still my best friend, my soulmate...
...and I wouldn't change a thing.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
A great way to start the day.
To read the winning entries (which were great BTW), click here.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
*hangs head in shame*
But I did submit a romantic short story to a woman's magazine today. They say that their wait times are between 1 and 6 months. So I can add it to my list of reasons to run to the mailbox everyday.
Friday, September 07, 2007
The winners received emails yesterday and my inbox is filled only with ads for Cialis and stock tips. I definitely would have noticed an email from Harlequin.
Oh well. Back to our regularly scheduled program--focusing on my WIP. I think I might also try a short story for a woman's magazine to mix things up. Gotta keep it interesting, you know.
Thursday, September 06, 2007
The winners of the Ultimate Secret contest were due to be notified yesterday, but I didn't hear anything :-( So I'm going to distract myself with TT.
Thirteen reasons that I looove writing (regardless of whether I win anything):
1. Creating characters and making them do what I want. Hmm...does that mean I'm a control freak? My husband would say 'yes'.
2. The different ways the written words can used in many different ways to express the same thing.
3. It's an escape to an exciting world where everyone is attractive, glamorous, and witty. Not that that isn't around me all the time in real life... *snicker*
4. There's something satisfying about seeing the words on paper (or computer screen). It gives me a sense of accomplishment.
5. I love seeing the look on people's faces when they realize I can write. I'm not just a pretty face, you know. LOL!
6. The endless possibilities for stories.
7. Using something I see or hear in real life in my stories.
8. Polishing something I've written until it's so good it positively shines.
9. Talking with other writers about writing. It's something only another writer can understand.
10. Watching someone I love read my work.
11. Being recognized for my writing (pleeease let me win the Ultimate Secret contest...pleeease).
12. Learning from other writers. Reading is research, you know. So I don't need to feel guilty about it.
13. Blogging about writing. I really love it!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants