I'm jumping on the Thursday Thirteen band wagon...better late than never.
One of my Face Book friends recently posted some pictures taken of her in the 80's, and it got me thinking about all of the groan worthy 80's fashion trends. Which ones do you remember? Are you too embarrassed to admit the ones that you followed?
1. Big Hair - Lots of hairspray and teased up high! Gotta love it!
2. Banana clips - I have to admit that I wore these...in my big hair. But the funniest thing is that I saw a woman wearing one this week! Who says the 80's are dead?
3. Colored Mascara/Eyeliner - Always extra thick! Blue, purple were the popular colors used. Guilty!
4. Torn Workout Top - Those maniac chicks, gotta love 'em! Some workout tops were also cut on the bottom to expose the stomach area. Most were worn off the shoulder. I was never brave enough.
5. Skinny Ties - Those leather ones were soooooo cool!
6. Lace crop tops - With bra underneath. If a white lace - white bra. If black lace - black bra. Again--never brave enough. Or maybe it was that my mom would never have let me out the door.
7. T-Shirt Clips - They looked like a ring with a bar through the middle and you threaded the bottom of your shirt through them.
8. Shaker Knit Sweaters - Shaker Knit refers to the type of stitch used to make these sweaters. The longer the better. Yup, I had a bunch.
9. Polo shirts - Shirts with collars (collars usually worn pulled up). Plenty of colors to choose from - pastels were a favorite preppy color.
10. Peter Pan Boots - Short, suede boots that all girls wore with their pin stripe jeans tucked into. Loved these.
11. Reebok high-tops - With no or untied laces. Mostly for the boys--or Tom boys.
12. Penny Loafers - My best friend had these.
13. Legwarmers - Flashdance made these even more popular than they already were! I admit, my mother knitted me a pair.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants