So all this alone time has left me with time for reflection, time to contemplate what I've accomplished this year and want to accomplish in 2008:
- Started the year receiving a year's worth of free books from Harlequin after winning the Ultimate Reunion contest. What an ego boost! And let me tell you, my TBR pile is ready to topple!
- Entered Harlequin's Ultimate Secret contest and won an Honourable Mention and a free book. Nothing to sneeze at.
- Submitted my novel Her Client's Wishes to Mills and Boon/Harlequin Romance. It was rejected in November, but I did it! I wrote a book!
- Wrote and submitted a romantic short story to a woman's magazine. I'm still waiting to hear on that one.
- Started a new wip (Taking Care of Business) aimed at the Mills and Boon Modern Heat imprint and specifically the Instant Seduction contest for which the prize is an editor for a year! What could be better? I feel really good about this story. I learned a lot writing my first novel and won't make the same mistakes twice.
- Finish and polish the first chapter and synopsis of my new wip for the Instant Seduction contest (deadline of mid February)
- Finish and submit my wip to M&B. They can't buy it if I don't submit!
- Get published in short fiction. Writing short fiction allows me to feel as though I'm accomplishing something since sometimes the length of a novel can seem beastly and beyond reach.
There. That wasn't so bad. I can do all of those things in a year, can't I? Well with my spare time tonight I guess there's no better time to start than the present.
Have a happy new year everyone, and most importantly...happy writing!