Awards

Awards

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Anniversary

Tomorrow is my 11 year wedding anniversary, but we've been together for 20 years. Yup, you guessed it...we were high school sweethearts.

Actually, my husband was my first serious boyfriend. Many people ask if I feel like I've missed out by not having experienced relationships with other men. My answer: absolutely not. I found the best early on. Why would I throw that away simply because it happened earlier than it happens for most?

And then my husband said something today that was so sweet, and it reminded exactly why I love him so much, why I've always loved him. We were talking about how our lives would have been different if we'd made different choices, and he said:

"The best thing I ever did was kiss you at that bus stop."

That was our first kiss, the kiss that started it all. And 20 years later, he's still my best friend, my soulmate...

...and I wouldn't change a thing.

3 comments:

Judy Jarvie said...

Awww Marcy, great insight! Hope you have a fabby anni! jx

Melissa Blue said...

That is sweet. No wonder you love him.

Marcy said...

Thanks Judy and Mel. Our anniversary was great. We actually got away for a night...a rarity.