Awards

Awards

Sunday, September 27, 2009

What's your Happily Ever After?

The house is quiet. A rarity for a Sunday morning.

My mom offered to take the kids for a sleep over last night so DH and I could go out and celebrate our wedding anniversay. So we jumped at the chance for a night out.

As of Monday, I will have been married for 13 years. Worthy of a night out, right? The kicker...we've been together for 22 years. Considering that I haven't yet hit the big 4-0, I think it makes us, as a couple, pretty unique. We were high school sweethearts, however we waited 9 years before we got married. In those 9 years I went away to university, coming home only on weekends when my studying schedule would allow. My DH started a career with a schedule that made it difficult for him to come visit. And yet through it all, we managed to stay together. Not because it was easier to stay together. Because it was too hard to stay apart.

So there you go--my own little romance novel. Maybe that's why I've been drawn to this genre. What about you? What's your story?

4 comments:

Judy Jarvie said...

Ahhh what a lovely insight. Destined to be, I say.

Hope you enjoyed that kid free window. jx

Becca said...

That's a great story, and it's so nice to hear about real-life HEA!
Hope you have a lovely Monday.

We just celebrated our 9 year anniversary and we've been together nearly 15 years. Another teenage love lasting I hope!
=)

Jennifer Shirk said...

How sweet!

I met my hubby on a blind date. We knew right away they we were each other's "the one", but got engaged after I graduated college. We've been married for 14 years. :)

Marcy said...

The night out (and morning to sleep in) was lovely, Jude. But as much fun as it was, it's always nice to get the kiddies back home :)

I love hearing true-love stories. Thanks for sharing Jennifer and Becca!