Awards

Awards

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Nanny Story With Sass Factor

Hi All,

I'm lucky enough to have Judy Jarvie swing by to tell us about her next release (2 in a month--can you believe it?), Nanny Behaving Badly. It's a fabulously fun story, and I know her readers will love it. So heeeeere's Judy!





A Nanny Story With Sass Factor



Nanny Behaving Badly was a blast to write. Mostly because I gave sass factor full freedom!

Since Marcy is my long-time CP she will attest I love to let my characters banter. I like a bit of fun, a bit of attitude. And most of all I love the underlying sensual tension that causes characters to play along.

I love to let them have fun, say outrageous things, wind each other up – I guess it’s all related to pulling pigtails in the schoolyard. I especially love a hero who can give as good as he gets! It gets even better when the sass stops and things turn serious.

And in Nanny Behaving Badly there was a lot of things that fired things up between hero and heroine:
For starters rebel heroine Maddie Adams finds herself in hot water when she pushes the boss a bit too far at the end of Chapter One. (Note – I won’t spoil it by giving the story away but let’s just say she makes the worst impression possible with her new coffee shop boss, Lyle Sutherland).

Then they have to work together even more closely when Maddie accepts Lyle’s offer to be his son’s nanny. It may be a wise career move but it ups the banter and temptation factors hugely.

I loved writing their encounters, their fun asides and their differences of opinion.

If sass is the spice of romance writing, then Nanny Behaving Badly definitely gave me a chance to create something really piquant!

And lastly HUGE thanks to Marcy for helping me along the way. Nanny Behaving Badly took a lot of dirty drafts to get right and Marcy held my hand and kept me at it. I’m very very grateful.

WANTED: Nanny Behaving Badly

Waitress Maddie Adams hits black ice when she shocks her new boss, hot coffee king Lyle Sutherland, then agrees to be his son's SOS nanny.

It seems like the perfect solution to his childcare dilemma. But strong, silent-type Lyle is soon left reeling by his son's sassy new nanny.
Is off-limits attraction a 'naughty step' penalty? Can Maddie resist bad behaviour with the boss?

Out now with Embrace Books –
http://blog.saltpublishing.com/2011/02/14/who%E2%80%99s-your-valentine-%E2%80%94-launching-embrace-books/

More info at www.judyjarvie.com and http://judyj.blogspot.com

Flirting With The Fireman also out now from The Wild Rose Press –
http://thewildrosepress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=195&products_id=4381&zenid=198ad25c404e5749ff949efd6c8af2c0

Thanks for letting me drop by - and a big big thanks to Marcy. Without her - Nanny Behaving Badly would never have gotten as far as she has! In fact Marcy features in the dedication to the book!
(* Marcy here...Awe, you're so sweet, Jude*)

1 comment:

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Great post Judy and Marcy. And congratulations, Judy.

XX