Awards

Awards

Monday, August 28, 2006

Contest Deadline is Closing In

The deadline for the Where the Magic Begins contest is in 2 days and I think my entry is pretty well ready. I made a lot of changes to my first 25 pages for this contest, so I think it's in pretty good shape. Writing a 1 page synopsis was a bit of a challenge. At first I thought one page would be a breeze. After all, I'd written over 140 pages so far -- how hard could it be to write one more? But narrowing my story, my baby down to the bare bones was more difficult than I thought. I just hope that my voice still shines through.

The final judge for the contest is Kimberly Young, Harlequin UK. She's the editor that I'll be targetting once my ms is complete. The finalists will be announced by October and winners by December, so my plan is to have it completed by that time just in case I get a request (trying to keep positive thoughts).

Hope you have a great day.

Chow for now,
Marcy

No comments: