Awards

Awards

Thursday, August 31, 2006

It's outta here!

The contest entry is out of my hands and into the hands of the capable (pretty, smart, witty -- is that enough butt kissing?) judges. Hopefully they like it as much as I do.

As I was re-reading the entry for the umpteenth time at 1 a.m. last night, I started to wonder--if I'm this neurotic about sending in 25 pages, what kind of a mess am I going to be when I mail my entire manuscript? After all, I've been working on it since the birth of my first child four years ago and am nearing completion after the birth of my second child. It has been part of my life during those lonely maternity leaves, my characters keeping me company when I was dying for some adult interaction. How hard is it going to be to say goodbye to those two close friends hoping that I'll see them again some day in the pages of a book? And what if it never gets published?

But I can't think like that right now. I need to focus on getting it completed so that Tess and Owen can come visit me again some day.

Chow for now,
Marcy

No comments: